Thursday, January 5, 2012

The simple things...

As you might imagine, life is pretty simple in Bali and if you know me pretty well you know that most of the time it's the simple things that make up the "highs" of my day. My family plays this game at the dinner table where we say the best and worst parts of our day and who we helped. A few days before I left for Bali, we played the game as usual. My high that day had been when I was driving down A1A at about 8am with the windows rolled down and the song "Doctor my eyes" by Jackson Browne came on. Great song and great simple moment. Today I had a very similar moment. I was driving back from a run at the park with my windows rolled down (I always have the windows rolled down on my scooter) and "Gypsy" by Fleetwood Mac came on. Again, great sing and great simple moment! That's when I just smile, take in the smell of Bali's Frangipanis, in between breaths of gasoline and pollution since I live in the city and realize just how lucky I am to be here...

No comments:

Post a Comment