Monday, April 9, 2012

On to the next year...

Last year, as well as the year prior, the weeks coming up to my birthday were spent dwelling on the fact that I was turning yet another year older and still hadn't found my way or even anything that remotely resembled the path that I was supposed to be on.

Thankfully, this year it's an entirely different story. For the first time since graduating from college in 2008, I feel like I'm in a great place in my life. Other then the fact that most of my students think it's crazy that I'm about to be 27 and I'm not married yet. My older students have asked if I came to Bali to look for my husband! Apparently, biological clocks move faster here in Bali and perhaps they have seen "Eat, Pray, Love" one too many times.

I'm living on the amazing island of Bali, teaching is going great and for the first time in a while, I don't have the feeling that I'm in the dreaded survival mode. Granted, it hasn't been all butterflies and rainbows since I have been here but all of the ebbs and flows are part of the learning process and I'm definitely learning a ton about myself. Along with learning about myself, I'll have some cool scars to tell my stories. I am currently sporting healing road rash on my left leg and the slice on my right knee from falling in a hole and my newest addition to my right leg, an exhaust pipe burn. So.... 27 here I come, ehaust pipe burns and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment