Monday, February 20, 2012

When Life gives you pot holes...

...don't make lemonade but hold on tight, hope for the best and yell out "holy crap, that was a big one!"

Today was one of those days that I could look back on and think "what a crap day that was" and if I were anywhere else other than Bali, I probably would have done just that. I had a flat tire, I stepped in dog crap and I lost my favorite pair of very expensive sunglasses. None of that seemed to faze me though. Okay, maybe I was a little upset about my sunglasses... Here's how we handled the flat tire though, After lunch we drove to a friend of a friend's Cafe, told the waiter/bus boy, who is a local that I had a flat tire and could he help us out (if I would have done it myself it would have cost me double the price), he then took it to one of his friends, we drove off on my friend's scooter, looked around in a store for a bit, came out and stepped in dog poop, went back to our friend's Cafe about a half hour later and my scooter was park outside with a brand new tire. Now that's service, a brand new tire in a half hour and I didn't have to do a single thing and it only cost me 35,000 rupiah plus I gave our waiter friend 5,000 for helping me out, all together, that's less than $5. 

It's kind of hard to have a bad day when everything is so laid back and people genuinely want to do what they can to help you out. Bali just continues to amaze me...

No comments:

Post a Comment